Friday, September 14, 2012

Food Friday!

Ah! I've been waiting to tell you about this place all week!

Pizza & Wine Bar
(on the Country Club Plaza)

Last Sunday, Amanda and I decided to go to a pizza & wine bar we have been eyeing for a long time. It's a little outside of our usual price range, but surprisingly not by much. Turns out, it was to die for. 



We split a small White Special, and it was fantastic. We gladly ate the entire thing. Tomatoes, garlic, mozzarella, parmesan, and ricotta... and it pretty much changed my life. It was one of those days when I didn't mind that Amanda is a vegetarian. I mean, just look at that pizza. Double yum. No need for pizza sauce or breadsticks, although I would assume both would be fantastic at Coal Vines. 



After that great lunch we needed dessert. There was a cupcake place we had been keeping an eye on for a long time too, and we wanted to see if it was open on Sundays. So, off we went, walking off our small wine buzz and to our great delight we discovered it was! 

(also on the Plaza)

The possibilities were endless, their menu was extensive. Who knew you could have a Gold Digger cupcake, or even one that resembled French Toast. After careful consideration I chose one of the September Special cupcakes, Puppy Chow. Amanda chose her favorite classic, Red Velvet. This was my first gourmet cupcake experience and it will not be my last. I was more than pleased with my choice, and I cannot wait to go back and get my next cupcake.




So, if you're in the KC area and you want some to indulge in some fantastic pizza, or maybe you have a crazy craving for a cupcake check out Coal Vines & Cupcake A La Mode on the Plaza! 


No comments: