Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Everything's bigger in Texas...

......especially my appetite.

You think I'm kidding, but there are so many new places and so many people to meet it seems like my entire time here has been spent around a different table in a different place meeting new faces and eating delicious food. This place is magical.

Here are a few new things I've been trying...
I promise later this week I'll post about ventures other than food, but for now...

In-N-Out

I'm not sure why these don't exist in Missouri, but they should. Holy smokes, it was delicious.
(Double Double with fries)


BJ's

 (Crispy Jalapeno Burger with wedge fries)


This place has already become a staple. We've been three times since I arrived. Each time I tried something different and have loved every single thing! Brew pubs are my favorite, by far. 


Pie Five


(Chicken Carbonara with Spinach)
Goodness, this has to be the best pizza I've had in America. The best, and worst, part is that it is right next to work and I go in to work right around dinner time most days. They have this "magic dust" which is basically herbs and parmesan mixed together and adding it to my pizza had to be the smartest thing I've done since leaving college. Ok, maybe that is exaggerating, but it was delicious and the perfect size. 



Starbucks
 
(Hazelnut Macchiato) 
I am no newb to Starbucks, but this is a brand new drink on the menu. Now that I work at a coffee shop I have tried to avoid Starbucks for as long as possible. Well, Sunday I gave in, and I headed to the nearest Starbucks. This is the tastiest beverage I've had in Texas. It tastes like home, and I think whenever I feel homesick (which hasn't happened yet in my 22 years, but is bound to sometime) I'll go hit up the bucks and drink away the sadness with espresso. 


Well kids, now I have to start organizing my closet and going through the ridiculous amount of clothes I brought. I'll post about new friends and new experiences later this week. 
Keep in touch, 
Love

No comments: