Thursday, March 21, 2013

Exploring.

The texas sky is big, and my heart is full. 

This place feels like magic most days, and I know this is exactly where I am supposed to be. That has to be the best part. Every day I wake up and I'm amazed at how perfect this feels. I can say with complete confidence that I have never felt this happy in my entire life. I'm not saying it isn't hard because it is, I'm just saying this is right. I can feel it in my bones. I have met some amazing people, the genuine to the core kind of people.

My new job has been great and terrifying. People take their coffee seriously, and I still can't make a cappuccino to save my life. But, it will get easier and it has been a good time in the process. Still, I'm awaiting the day I can feel like I am not completely in the way.

The apartment could not be better. It is so close to everything. I have never lived so close to so many things in my entire life. I can be at Ikea, a handful of malls, work, and Target in fifteen minutes.
Still, my roommates have to be the second best part of this move. Audra and Josh have made the transition seem flawless, and I am insanely thankful for them. They have been generous with everything they have, especially their time. They have shown me the city, introduced me to fabulous people, and have made me feel right at home.


The Hibbsy's have a puppy, named Bailey. She is a bichon mix and the cuddliest pup in the world.
Look at how stinking cute she is. She snuggles nearly every morning after my roommates leave for work.

McKinney is a fabulous city. The downtown and the new town are equally fantastic. Aud and I spent an entire afternoon with Bailey discovering antique & book stores and even a salsa shop (where I purchased some delicious Amaretto Peanut Butter that is to die for). 




Between exploring and going through my entire wardrobe to find work appropriate clothing my room is still a complete disaster. When I get into a routine with work it will get better and I will be able to spend some quality time organizing the ridiculous amount of clothing I brought. Why I thought I would need my winter coat is still mystifying. Sometimes, I am a dunce. My nerves are beginning to settle and each day seems easier. 

It's crazy how much this place feels like home, and it's only been two weeks. 


No comments: