Friday, April 12, 2013

Quaker Steak and Lube


This whole growing up thing absolutely rocks on occasion. 

Thursday night was one of those occasions. 

Our friend, Daniel, set up a gig at Quaker Steak and Lube (a local eatery of sorts). Daniel kindly asked for Aud and I to join him (and his roommate Jake).

We show up and immediately see the ton and a half of bikers. Apparently we missed the memo. After settling in and setting up we began the night with one of our favorite Mumford songs. No matter the crowd, we were determined to have a great time. And we did! So great in fact that I literally wanted to live-tweet the words of one of the dynamic fans we acquired.

                                                                                                                                        



Singing with Daniel & Jake on Good Friday


Music here is so good and has come so easy. Singing with complete strangers is terrifying and exhilarating  at the same time. I definitely miss knowing the musicians beside me, but this has definitely been a nice change of pace. 


Don't get me wrong, playing music in Missouri was life-changing. I have been blessed to know and sing alongside very talented people in my lifetime. But this, my friends, is a completely new ball park. I sing different here. I sing better. Regardless of my lack of confidence, I feel like I have absolutely nothing to lose. And that, that is a wonderful feeling. 

This is a wonderful life. 
I am looking forward to many more shows with these kids. 






Here's our cover of The Head and the Heart's "Rivers and Roads" 
                (For some reason it's not wanting to load, so please follow this link.. )
  


This place is better than I could have hoped for. 
I have to believe that the best days are to come. 
This season of indescribable bliss is one for the record books, and it was much needed. 

No comments: